Passwords are used to protect on one hand your personal information and your privacy and on the other hand our entire computer system. Therefore we recommend that you use secure passwords at the HNEE. Passwords that meet the following criteria are minimum requirements for passwords for logging on in the HNE:
- at least 8 digits (more is better)
- It must contain characters from different categories:
- Capital letters from A to Z
- Lowercase letters from A to Z
- Digits (0 to 9)
- Other than alphabetic characters (E.g..!, $, #, %)
- the name or logon name of the user must not be
- It should be no terms in the password which can be found in dictionaries
It is advisable to avoid the use of umlauts (├Ą/├Â/├╝). Here is a selection of passwords, which are relatively secure and easy to remember by the consonant vowel sequence:
The password can be changed at the HNE computers or via webmail (Outlook Web access = OWA).
Change at the HNEE computers:
Log on to the computer
- Press CTRL+ALT+del and then click on change password...
- Once enter the current and new password twice
- Confirm with OK
Change through Webmail:
- Log in to webmail ( https://webmail.hnee.de/owa )
- Press gear icon at top right and choose "Optionen" (options)
- On the left hand side open ->"Allgemeines" (General) ->Mein Konto (My Account) and then click "Ihr Kennwort ├Ąndern" (change password) located in the content area
- Enter the current password once and the new password twice
- Confirm the entry with the "Save" button (top left)
The new password is valid for an unlimited time. Never write down the password in clear text and do not pass it to others. Never enter your password on unknown Web pages or on Web pages without activated encryption (Web page should start with https!). If necessary, use software that stores encrypted passwords such as KeePass.
Note: You have been away from the HNE Eberswalde for a long time (internship o. Urlaubssemsester) and have forgotten your password? Send us an email from your private E-mail account or call us: + 49 (0) 3334 657-272. We will send you a new password in this case.